Quick Start #
- Download the latest Gloworm release of FRCVision here
- Download BalenaEtcher
- Plug a USB C cable into the outermost USB C port from your computer into the Gloworm
- Run BalenaEtcher as an administrator
- Select the FRCVision zip file you downloaded in the first step
- Select the compute module (initialization may take a while)
- Hit flash
- After flashing is completed, disconnect your USB C cable. Never use the outermost USB C port during normal operation, it will force Gloworm into USB boot mode. Peripherals should be connected to the adjacent (innermost) USB C port.
Gloworm is powered via 12V passive PoE. Not standard 48V PoE.
- Wire a passive PoE injector to your PDP
- Run an Ethernet cable from the passive PoE injector output to Gloworm’s Ethernet port
At this point you can also plug any USB peripherals (such as a USB camera) into the Gloworm USB A port.
- Make sure your USB C cable is disconnected from the Gloworm
- Run an Ethernet cable from the passive PoE injector to a LAN or PC
- Turn on your robot (or any other 12V/1A power supply you’re using)
- Open a web browser and connect to http://frcvision.local/
FRCVision documentation is available here.